Here’s a look at tonight’s PIAA semifinal.
In Class AAA, Archbishop Carroll’s Ernest Aflakpui‘s offensive game is developing and the Patriots will need that tonight against Montour. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette‘s Brad Everett takes a look at Montour and the Spartans’ hope to make it back for a third straight state title game. The Tribune‘s Chris Harlan also breaks down Montour.
In Class AAAA, Chester’s James Kirksey is none too worried about another top-notch defensive assignment in St. Joseph’s Prep Steve Vasturia. The Harrisburg Patriot-News‘ Michael Bullock and Geoff Morrow glance at all of the remaining teams.
Per former Daily Times writer Rob Knox (@knoxrob1), here are some interesting Chester notes.
– This is Chester’s state-record 27th trip to the state semifinals.
– With a win, Chester would make the state title game for the 18th time, also a state record.
– The Clippers have made it to the semifinals 10 times since 2000.
– Chester has won 28 (!!!) straight playoff games.
– The Clippers and the Prep have never played before.
– Chester is 17-9 in the state semifinal games, including four in a row.
For Archbishop Carroll updates, follow me on Twitter @MattChandik.
For Chester updates, follow Bob Grotz (@BobGrotz) and Matthew De George (@sportsdoctormd).
– MATT CHANDIK