Yesterday marked the first National Signing Day of the year for college athletes to sign binding Letters of Intent with NCAA schools, and Episcopal Academy had no shortage of such athletes. Here’s a quick rundown of the EA athletes that signed LOIs yesterday. If you want your school’s athletes to be featured on the Delco HS Sports blog, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture and perhaps a brief rundown of which athletes signed where.
From EA’s press release…
10 Episcopal Academy athletes inked National Letters of Intent with Division I schools.
PHOTO COURTESY OF BILL DOHERTY/THE EPISCOPAL ACADEMY
Nov. 14 is the first day of the NCAA’s early signing period when top high school student-athletes participating in winter and spring sports can ink binding ommitments with Division I colleges and universities. The 10 Episcopal seniors who signed on the dotted line on NCAA signing day are:
• 2011-12 Daily Times Girls Basketball Player of the Year Megan Quinn, Villlanova University (women’s basketball)
• Doug Trimble, University of Delaware (baseball)
• Trupert Ortlieb, Providence College (men’s lacrosse)
• Tyler Chambers, Hobart College (men’s lacrosse)
• Ian Strain, Lehigh University (men’s lacrosse)
• Dante Addona, St. John’s University (men’s lacrosse)
• Mary Catherine Curran, William and Mary (women’s lacrosse)
• Lynda Michaels, William and Mary (women’s lacrosse)
• Lindsey Reder, Boston College (women’s lacrosse)
• Three-time All-Delco Tara O’Prey, University of Connecticut (women’s swimming)
“It is a great testament to our program that so many if our students who excel in the classroom can also achieve at the highest level on the field,” said Hamilton Clark, Head of School.
Special thanks go out to Bill Doherty for his help on the matter.
– MATT CHANDIK